Interested in becoming a car specialist? Please click here.
RM Sotheby's offers challenging careers to individuals ready to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and team-oriented environment. Professionalism, enthusiasm for vintage automobiles, and the flexibility to work as part of an international team are qualities that top our list of requirements. Resumes and inquiries are welcome. Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail to:
One Classic Car Drive
Blenheim, ON N0P 1A0.
As the Creative Director, you know how to thoughtfully communicate the RM Sotheby's brand. You envision creative out-Fun, Authentic, Passionate - and know how to make ideas come to life. You are part of a luxury brand and are committed to sharing its core values with our clients.
The Creative Director at RM Sotheby's will be an essential figure to the company's ability to ideate and create exciting new brand experiences while working collaboratively with the Director of Marketing and Creative team. It doesn't take much for them to think of creative, exciting ways to help bring the RM Sotheby's vision come to life. They think of new advertising campaigns, promotional strategies and experiential initiatives and lead their ideas through to execution. They are decisive and capable of delivering inventive solutions to the brand's needs. With an incredibly fine eye for design and a focus on creative and elegant work, they take initiative to get involved in all areas of the business, producing content with a consistent, reliable look and feel. They recognize that the fast-paced auction environment is a high-pressure environment, but this is something they thrive on.
The Creative Director at RM Sotheby's has experience in brand building, but are generally interested in the diverse number of tasks that they get to have a hand in as part of a continuously growing company. Developing and managing relationships with the other departments comes easy to them because they are adaptable, easy to get along with and a strong communicator. They work well within the team and have no trouble getting work done on their own, as well as liaising with both external and internal partners. The Creative Director drives ideas and breathes passion.
Main Duties and Associated Tasks
- Develop ideas and design concepts that advance our brand strategy
- Lead creative work to build on our auctions from start to finish
- Develop and direct on new concepts, and brings ideas to life
- Liaise with the creative team, ensuring creative consistency
- Prepare project briefs for project executions
- Work in a cohesive manner with the Director of Marketing, Creative and Production teams
- Manage executions including timelines, and key deliverables
- Lead the ideation and execution of multi-auction brand building
- Create content for print and digital outlets
- Lead the design of graphic material for use in marketing programs
- 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Graphic design acumen and knowledge of applicable programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.)
- An extensive background with experience in a creative leadership role who has strong verbal and written communication skills
- A strong working knowledge of the fundamentals-interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing, print advertising, and the creative process-as well as new platforms and technologies.
- Proven leadership skills. We need someone who is confident with everything from team building to mentoring to guiding large amounts of creative talent.
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term need. Timelines, budgets, and availabilities change-we need someone who can roll with it.
- Experience conceiving brand building exercises and taking the lead to make them come alive
Location: Vacancies available in Los Angeles, head office in Ontario and potentially home-based employment as well.
The Copy Editor/Writer works in the Cataloguing (Research & Editorial) Department and reports to the Managing Catalogue Editor.
The Copy Editor/Writer is responsible for writing the catalogue copy for auction consignments. Additionally, he or she edits the catalogue content and other marketing material to ensure that car-specific information is historically accurate and correct.
- Write and research catalogue content
- Assist with copy editing catalogue content
- Conduct research for historic automotive images and documentation
- Copy edit consignment-related content for all marketing material
- Write consignment-related content for other departments when necessary
- Participate in onsite cataloging trips to physically inspect collector cars.
- Preferably a four-year university bachelor's degree in a liberal art such as History, Art History, Literature, Political Science, etc.
- Outstanding knowledge of automotive history
- Strong knowledge of marque experts in various fields
- Superb written communication skills
- Excellent understanding of English language, grammar, spelling, etc.
- Attention to detail, consistency, and accuracy
- Strong attention to detail and efficiency, while maintaining accuracy of work.