1964 Triumph TR6 SS Trophy
Triumph launched its Trophy model in the wake of the company’s ISDT successes in the late 1940s. They were first built as the 500-cc TR5, and the 650-cc TR6 arrived in 1956. By the 1960s, the Trophy was mostly thought of as a single-carburettor Bonneville and favoured by many riders because it was easier to tune.
The Trophy gained unit construction in 1963 and stronger front forks in 1964. The SS variant offered here is distinguished by 2-into-1 exhaust pipes and polychromatic burgundy paint.
Registered in the UK on the 20th April 1964, this matching-numbers 650-cc TR6 SS remains largely original, though it appears to have been repainted. It has a V5 logbook, and its original green buff logbook states it was supplied new by UK dealers Ticketts Ltd. of Southend-on-Sea. The logbook also indicates that the bike has had only two owners in 47 years. It is described as being in fine running order with its correct monobloc carburettor and will come with a new MoT.