1960 Ferrari 250 GT Coupé by Pinin Farina

Sold For €575.000

Ferrari – Leggenda e Passione


Chassis No.
Engine No.
Gearbox No.
1935 GT
1935 GT
134 F

Documents: UK V5

  • Fully restored by marque specialists in Modena
  • Desirable Series II example, fitted with disc brakes and overdrive
  • Recently reunited with its original engine
  • The 337th of only 353 examples built
  • Ferrari Classiche certified
Completed by the factory in June of 1960, the 250 GT PF Coupé presented here is a second series model, with disc brakes and overdrive that was originally delivered new to Julio Batista Falla of Puerto Rico. He was no stranger to sports cars and raced Ferraris throughout Europe, North America and even South America, which included piloting a 500 TRC during the 1957 season and was on the organizing committee for the 1958 Cuban Grand Prix.

After the car was sold from Mr Batista’s ownership in 1965, the car was later repainted dark blue and exported to England. Chassis number 1935 GT was first registered in the UK in February of 1982, before moving to France where it spent a number of years in a private French collection, according to Ferrari historian Marcel Massini. During this time, its engine was removed and installed in a Series II Cabriolet, chassis number 1805 GT. At some point, the car’s original gearbox was removed, but it is now fitted with a unit of the correct type. After leaving France, the car passed through Germany before being purchased by Dr Barry Wood of Glasgow in March of 2000.

Chassis number 1935 GT has remained in England ever since. After being acquired by its current owner in 2012, the search to reunite it with its original engine was started. Thanks to in-depth research, it was determined that the original engine of 1935 GT had at some point been fitted to 1805 GT. Further research proved to find chassis 1805 GT in 2014, which was also acquired, and with it the original engine for 1935 GT! The car was shipped out to Modena for what became a two-year restoration. It was completely stripped down to bare metal, with mechanical work carried out by Corrado Patella at Autofficina Omega, the wheels were restored by Borrani, the interior re-trimming in its splendid shade of beige (VM 3218) by Tappezzeria Maieli and metal work and refinishing in Blu Scuro by Carrozzeria Sports Cars in Modena, in addition to finally being reunited with its original engine.

Absolutely beautiful throughout, this newly certified 250 PF coupé is a car that combines performance, luxury and practicality in a way that few other manufacturers could in the late 1950s and early 1960s, and one that remains just as wonderful to drive today as it was when new. This example is the perfect car for the collector looking for a beautifully subtle twelve-cylinder Ferrari to show, drive or enjoy.



Lot Number
148

Suggested lots in Ferrari – Leggenda e Passione 2017