1960 Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet Series II by Pinin Farina
Documents: US Title
- A very early Cabriolet Series II with bespoke exterior and interior features
- Delivered new to Umberto Agnelli
- Offered from single ownership for over two decades; seldom seen in public
- One of the few truly unique Cabriolet Series II examples
- Application for certification submitted to Ferrari Classiche
Sold to Mr Agnelli in April 1960, the car was exported from Italy later in the decade and sold to Phillip Baumgarten of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It subsequently passed in 1968 to Garrett O’Brien of Candice, New York, and remained in his ownership until 1992, when it was sold by his estate. Shortly thereafter it was acquired by a Hong Kong dealer, then in 1996 moved to Paul Barber of England, in whose ownership it was carefully restored to the original specifications. The current owner acquired the freshly restored car in 1998 and has properly stored it since in his extensive private collection.
The car’s restoration is wonderfully patinaed and inviting, and it retains its original engine and gearbox, as well as the factory special-ordered features requested by Umberto Agnelli. In a world of ‘standard’ Cabriolet Series IIs, this particular example is truly unique, befitting an automobile owned by a famous and influential figure with great power in Turin and Maranello.