1950 Ferrari 195 Inter Coupé by Touring
Documents: US Title
- The first 195 chassis produced; one of three bodied by Touring
- The 1951 Turin Motor Show car
- Beautiful restoration in spectacular colours
- Well-known ownership history since new
- Application for certification submitted to Ferrari Classiche
Fiocchi kept the car for a little over three years before passing it to third owner Francesco Nissotti of Adria-Rovigo, who registered it as ‘RO 17125’. It was sold two years later, in October 1955, to American serviceman Donald Maynard, who returned with it to the United States in 1959. Several further owners followed, including Wyatt Coleman.
In 1974 Mr Coleman’s mechanic sold the car to Richard Little of Sudbury, Massachusetts, who began but never completed an exhaustive restoration. The Ferrari was sold by Mr Little’s family in 2005, and the following year passed to two enthusiasts in California, then to Richard Martin, who had it fully restored by Terry Scarborough over a two-year period. It appeared at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in 2008, was awarded a Platinum award at the 2009 Cavallino Classic and was then shown at The Quail in 2010.
Now repainted a beautiful dark blue, this lovely, authentic, well-known Turin show car ranks among the most attractive closed early Ferraris, and it would be a superb entrant to either concours field or prestigious rally events around the world.